Serenity Valle-author, supporting fellow authors, game creators and more...one blog post at a time!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Interview: Author Nathaniel Danes

 
Q: So, tell the readers a bit about you.
A: I’m a pretty average guy. I love my beer, football, and scifi. My wife, isn’t such a fan of all three of those. I live in the Washington, DC area.

Q: How did you come up with the idea for your book, The Last Hero? How did you come up with the name of it?
A: My mind is always turning. I often slip into my own imaginary worlds. It's kind of a defense mechanism. I'm going blind from a genetic disorder and its an escape to dream universes I don't have any limitations.
The Last Hero was really born with the birth of my only child, my daughter. When she came into my life she added emotional depth that changed the way I thought. I began to think of what it would be like to be separated form her. Naturally, I spun that into a SciFi story.

Q: What is your favourite colour? (This must be read in a British accent a-la Monty Python)
A: Colour, I’m not sure what that is? But, my favorite color is 49er red.

Q: Do you have any special rituals or quirks when writing? Special foods or drinks? Troll doll on the desk/Etc.
A: I’m not sure if it counts as a ritual, but I’ve mastered the ability to write with any Disney movie in the background.

Q: What was the easiest part about writing The Last Hero?
A: The emotional connection between the main character and his daughter. All I had to do was think about my own family.

Q: What was the hardest part?
A: Frankly, just writing. Between my visual impairment and dyslexia, writing takes a lot out of me. With that say, I am how saying a prayer to thank my poor editor.

Q: Do you like bacon?
A: That’s like asking if I like breathing or water. It’s an essential element of life. I LOVE BACON!

Q: How long have you been writing, or wanting to write and when did you actually write your first story?
A: Always wanted to write. Just took me a while for my ability to catch up with my imagination. But, after college, grad school, and my day job, it finally came around.

Q: Do you have a favourite character from your book/books? If so, who and why?
A: Anna, cause she is based on my little girl.

Q: Are you working on anything else right now? If so, can you tell us anything about it?
A: The Last Hero is the first in a trilogy. I am currently editing book two. Also, I’ve written drafts for the first two book in another series I’ll get going once The Last Hero series is collect.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers of this interview?
A: Yes, I want to encourage everyone to visit my website where they can read the first three chapters of The Last Hero for free, www.NathanielDanes.com

Here, have some extra goodies from Nathaniel!


Book Release Oct. 14: The Last Hero, Book one of trilogy

Excerpt:
Trent knelt down where Anna could throw her arms around his neck. She pulled against him tight and started crying again. Tears rolled down his face as he whispered, “I love you more than you can understand. I’m sorry.”
Her cries downed out his soft words.
After a minute, Trent summoned all of his strength to break free of her hold. Standing, he shared a look with Madison. She wrapped him in a loving, warm hug.
This time she did the whispering, “Remember what I told you. Make them pay.”
He pulled away, nodding as he placed his hand on Anna’s sobbing head.
“I’ll see you both again someday. I promise.” The words bound him to a promise he wasn’t sure he could keep.

Blurb:
Contact with a race of pacifists convinces mankind to lay down its weapons and keep the peace. The last Medal of Honor recipient, Trent Maxwell, trades glory for the comforts of a family after the U.S. Army disbands. All that ends when an alien menace attacks the New Earth colony, which forces a crash mobilization. Trent finds himself reactivated and traveling through space to distant worlds, in order to stop this new enemy. During the century long journey of death, love, and loss, he also deals with the law of relativity that wreaks havoc with his daughter.

Bio:
Nathaniel Danes is a self-diagnosed sci-fi junkie and, according to his wife, has an over active imagination. Mostly blind, he writes to create universes where he has no limitations. He lives with his wife and daughter in the Washington, DC area.

Author Links:

Book Links:





...You Can't Take the Books from Me...
~Serenity Valle~Author
Acquittal. The Revenant Series: Book One
The Fantastical Life of Serenity: A collection of short stories...
The Fantastical Life of Serenity: Epilogue
Facebook   Google +   Twitter   Instagram   Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment