Serenity Valle-author, supporting fellow authors, game creators and more...one blog post at a time!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

5 Strange Things About: Yashimaru Bishounen.

5 Strange Things Series. Today, Yashimaru Bishounen.

Cosplayer, Pirate, Friend.









5 Strange Things About Yashimaru Bishounen


1) The left side of my chest is caving in over my heart and lung which may well kill me one day. As a result I have a much harder time with long periods of cardio. The side effect of this is that my heart has actually moved out of place and is now more in the lower center of my chest. It's also the reason why though almost all my cosplays are bishounens, I have always done cosplays that keep my chest covered.


2) I started acting when I was 5 years old. My parents signed me up for an acting camp and at the end, seeing how much I enjoyed it, asked if they had any work I could be in and they told my parents I was to good for their stuff. I was signed up in acting classes the next day. Since then, I have been on 3 episodes of the new detectives, several commercials, a voice acting commercial where I did a recording in a different accent for 13 different locations in the south, and was flown to new york on a call back audition for the movie "3 Wishes" were I would have played the part of the older son, the main character. Sadly, my agency was bought out and closed when I was 13, forcing me to make the hard choice of focusing on school rather than seeking a new agency. It is one of the major factors in my outlook on cosplay being a performance art more than just craftsmanship.


3) I have also been a practicing occultist since I was 5. I started out mostly with spiritualism like shamanism and elemental work but I have continued on to research most any aspect of the occult that I can get my hands on. Admittedly, I am not fond of new age occultism because it is so different from the calculated approach of the old ways but I have still done some research into it as well. I do not cast spells continuing my long tradition of preferring spiritual work to practical magic. It is for this reason that rather then saying I am a wizard or any other term of the like I simply say "I'm complicated" when the topic of faith is brought up.


4) I am a futilitarian misanthrope with sociopathic tendencies.

Misanthrope - a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.

Futilitarian - one who believes that humanities hopes and dreams are futile.

Now what all this means is rather simple really.  You see, I have seen the endless cruelty that the world has to offer, like the fact that there are still new golf courses being built in America while people say there is no room to build housing for homeless people; even though the average golf course is 74 acres.  I have seen how most of the world is more willing to pick a side than to actually work together to fix problems.  I have seen how this state of being has enabled the powerful and rich to get more powerful and rich while those with out either struggle or end up in jail. It is for these reasons that I became a futilitarian, realizing that so long as humanity accepts its lot in life that nothing will ever change and so the hopes and dreams of most will be out of their reach.  People have to work and fight to get to their goals, not sit and wait for it to come.  As for being a sociopath, no I am not saying to sound cool because of Sherlock.  All being a sociopath really means is that you are unable to connect with most people and things on an emotional level. You understand their emotion and respond with a conditioned response but you don't really feel their emotion.  It is the difference between being sad for someone's loss and saying you're sorry because it is expected.


5) In the 3rd grade I was performing well above my other classmates, so the school had me tested and found that I had a 180 IQ and a college reading level. I frequently read books like Robinson Crusoe for fun, unabridged of course. I was moved into an advanced placement class which I found boring as sin and thus began my long tradition of slacking off and skimming by rather then trying to impress. Though my special education teacher never believed the act and always saw my potential mostly in writing and philosophy frequently calling me young Einstein. I retested a few years back and got bored on the last quarter of the test slacking off resulting in a score of 145. I admit that knowledge of my potential as well as of my history with trivia and factoids is one of the major factors in me having a difficult time admitting when i am wrong.


Ok, so I could probably come up with more, but like I said, I am trying to keep this brief. A small snippet of my life. That all being said, let me wrap up with this:


Yashimaru Bishounen can be found online at the following spots:
Deviant Art
Facebook
Noblesse Oblige Cosplay Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment