Serenity Valle-author, supporting fellow authors, game creators and more...one blog post at a time!

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Interview: Author CS Janey

Original posting July 25, 2013

ImageQ: So, tell the readers a bit about you.
A: First, hi! :) Thanks for interviewing me.
As for me, I love to write. Romance, specifically. I’ve always been a big fan of ‘happy ever afters’ because it is just a lovely feeling. I read to escape and even if the characters have very real problems, it’s always great to see things work out in the end! I’m a mother of one son, he is 4. I’m a forever student, as I love learning and hope to finish school eventually. I have Asperger’s. And, according to my significant other, I’m a pain in the butt. ;) I’m good with that, as long as he loves me anyway. *laughs*

Q: How did you come up with the idea for your book, ‘Surrender To You’? How did you come up with the name of it?
Image
A: That’s a story, for sure! ‘Surrender To You’ is an adult contemporary romance and started off as a completely different story than how it ended up. It was the love story between Stefan and Elizabeth. They were both from the same small hometown and had dated previously. The story starts five years after they’d gone their separate ways. I can’t really go into that much without giving away some of the plot, but as I wrote the story – which is from Elizabeth’s POV 100% – it changed. Things come out and soon, another man named Simon, comes into her life. I’ve had it said that the story is a love triangle, but I don’t think of it that way. I see it as a woman who had been lost for quite some time having to decide between a man from her past or someone new who is wonderful in his own way. I think it’s a very real story that many will appreciate.
As for the title, I came up with it looking from Elizabeth’s POV. Stefan wants her, she’s the woman he’s always loved and he just wants her surrender. For her to give into their love, no matter what has happened before.

Q: What is your favourite colour? (This must be read in a British accent ala Monty Python)
A: I love all things British! ;) As for my favorite color, it’s purple. Which amuses me because it’s the color of royalty. Although I’d have to say that dark green – such as Emerald and Jade – also rank up there with purple. They are beautiful colors!

Q: Do you have any special rituals or quirks when writing? Special foods or drinks? Etc.
A: I’m quirky in general. I listen to music 24/7 and cannot write without music – but the style of music doesn’t matter – and it must be so loud that you fear for my hearing. I wouldn’t say I have anything else I need besides that though.

Q: What was the easiest part about writing ‘Surrender To You’?
A: The way the story just flowed out. Even though it changed, it was easy to go with it and let the story go where it wanted. I didn’t have to struggle to get the words onto paper, which was the first story this has ever happened to me with. The characters were there and they let me know what they thought. It was nice!

Q: What was the hardest part?
A: Trying to make sure I wrote the story in a way that was understandable, while not sacrificing my own writing style. I prefer dialogue over lots of description, scenes where you find out what these people are like without needing Elizabeth to say them herself. The story is about her and even though there are lots of people in her life, I didn’t see the need to overshare about them. Finding the balance between giving the reader enough info and what I feel is necessary to know can be difficult!

Q: Do you like bacon?
A: Yes, I LOVE bacon. And prefer it baked over fried, which is also much healthier apparently. Either way though, I’ll eat it! ;)

Q: How long have you been writing, or wanting to write and when did you actually write your first story?
A: I’ve been writing a long time – since childhood. I can’t say the exact year but probably 8 or 9, so close to 20 years now. I don’t know the first story I wrote, but the first one I sent out to be published had to be when I was about 10 or so. I did get rejected, but the person who reviewed my story also wrote back with ideas on how to improve. At the time, I didn’t know how rare it was to get a personal reply – I was too sad they rejected my story. *laughs*

Q: Do you have a favourite character from your book/books? If so, who and why?
A: I answered this question last, because I had to think about it. You meet a whole cast of characters in ‘Surrender To You’ – and I think the one I love the most is Yvette. You learn that she is Stefan’s sister and she surprised me the most. I didn’t know what role she would play when I started writing – she was just his sister, after all – and right off the bat, you learn she doesn’t like Elizabeth. And I went why? The story, as it progresses, slowly shines light on the whole situation and by the end, I was fascinated. So much so, that Yvette will end up with her own story. :)

Q: Are you working on anything else right now? If so, can you tell us anything about it?
A: Yes! I have a LOT of stories I’m working on – I bounce around when I’m stuck on one story so I have way too many projects.
However, I am working on writing the story after ‘Surrender To You’ – which is tentatively titled ‘Straight To You’ and is Grace’s romance novel. You meet Grace near the beginning of Elizabeth’s story as her best friend. I can’t say anything else because it would give away some things in the first book! I’ve written about 5.5k words of it so far and my friends who read as I write love it! The male MC is also terrific.
The stories are going to be considered a series, but they will all be standalone with their own HEA’s. They are also in a continual timeline and come after the events in the first book. :) So while you can read them on their own, in order would be recommended to avoid spoilers.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers of this interview?
A: Yes, absolutely! And thank you again for your time :)
‘Surrender To You’ comes out September 1st! I hope to have it in eBook and ready in paperback the day of release. It will be available on as many platforms as I can possibly make it :)
To add it to your TBR list on Goodreads, go here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17904728-surrender-to-you
You can also find me at any of the below locations:
http://www.facebook.com/authorcsjaney – best way to keep up to date with the book news
http://www.twitter.com/csjaney
http://authorcsjaney.wordpress.com
Please feel free to tweet/follow me, like my page on FB, follow my blog – and at ANY time, send me a message! I always respond and love making new friends.
Image
Thank you so much for “coming by”!

Check out her links! Discover a new read!




...You Can't Take the Books from Me...
~Serenity Valle~Author
Acquittal. The Revenant Series: Book One
The Fantastical Life of Serenity: A collection of short stories...
The Fantastical Life of Serenity: Epilogue
Facebook   Google +   Twitter   Instagram   Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment